Owner's Board

Reply To: Propping out the 2017 Pantera 2 and new 200 HP 4 Stroke

Home Forums Bass Cat Boats Propping out the 2017 Pantera 2 and new 200 HP 4 Stroke Reply To: Propping out the 2017 Pantera 2 and new 200 HP 4 Stroke

JEH in La
Participant

Unravels, I am the original poster on this thread.  I am still running the 23 Trophy + and the more I drive it, the better it gets.  I also have all solid plugs in my prop.  Excellent hole shot that way.  I lowered my motor to 3 1/4″ PTP and that’s where I’m at now and I like it there.
Here is what I recommend you do.  Don’t go WOT while learning to drive your boat!  With the Trophy you get good lift so just go at a comfortably fast speed maybe 4500 rpms, 55 to 60 mph and trim higher and go faster until you feel the chine walk starting and get the feel of using the steering to control it.  Once you can control it at slower speed, then go faster and faster until you can control it confidently.  You will find that you can trim higher than you think with excellent results.  You will eventually find the right trim setting that will get you a stable ride at WOT.  Don’t try to run your boat “flat”.  You will soon equate the speed with the trim. Get that nose up and let her fly.
I’m still learning myself.  I find that my boat rides better at WOT with two people and gear and full live well.
Come back and post your results. Good luck.