Owner's Board

Reply To: Sabre

Home Forums Bass Cat Boats Sabre Reply To: Sabre

tdobb
Participant

So true Jeeper.  There are a lot of folks out there that want a nice boat but don’t have a 26′ deep garage or a 3/4 ton diesel to pull a 20 footer with.  My garage is about 21′-10″ front to back, I can’t fit a 20 footer in there, and even squeezing the P2 in there is really tight.  But one of the standout features of Bass Cat Boats are the trailers and the design of the folding tongue.  Their pivot point is directly under the bow so you don’t have extra length of trailer beyond the length of the boat.  If you look at all of the other manufacturers boats sitting on the trailer, the pivot point for their inferior swing tongues all extend 6-18″ beyond the bow of the boat, greatly reducing the amount of boat you can fit in a small garage.

With inflation being what it is, and high interest rates, a lot of people are overextending themselves.  Obviously the tournament trails have a major influence on the size of rig people seek out, everyone wants a 20 footer with a 250 cause that’s the status quo.  All the while, 90% of those buyers would likely be better served being in an 18 or 19 footer.  I would be pushing those 18 and 19 foot boats as a better value proposition for the majority of anglers.  A refresh on the top cap for the Sabre and P2 could really turn the sales around on those models I feel as they fit much better in the budget for the average bass angler vs the 20/250 rigs.  But then again from a manufacturers perspective, those 18 and 19 footers don’t have as great of a margin on them so they are less likely to take up production space to turn a smaller profit.

Skip to toolbar