Owner's Board

Reply To: Sabre

Home Forums Bass Cat Boats Sabre Reply To: Sabre

Jeeper8822
Participant

I agree with everything you said wheelman and tdobb interestingly the dealer I bought my Sabre was remarking I was one of the few people he had in the last 6+ months that came in looking for an 18 footer. He was commenting he was selling then (last year) 20 footers to 18 footers at a ratio of 8 to 1. Tdobb, he also mentioned the popularity of MLF and Bassmasters and said everyone thought they “needed” a 20 footer with a 250 hung off the back. Funny thing was that he said at least 50% of the customers are back in a year wanting to trade them in for something smaller. He was impressed I had gotten to realizing an 18 footer was plenty of boat, without wasting $$ on something larger first. In my home state the largest lake is 5400 acres. The ramps are marginal at best. A 20ft boat is just too much in my opinion. Not to mention people underestimate a 250 hp engine. That’s an incredible amount of power back there and can get you in trouble in a hurry. End of the day, I love my Sabre for everything it is and everything it’s not.

Skip to toolbar